"When cancer takes a life, we blame cancer. Depression is a disease. Don’t blame the victim for losing the fight."- Luke Adams (via bvmblebee)
"- “I still love him but he moved on, maybe I should move on too.” // r.i.d (via inkskinned)
i never started smoking because my father’s teeth
are stained yellow-orange and there is a persistent crow
living in his chest which
constantly rattles its feathers whenever he tries
i was always cautious about drinking because my mother’s uncle
died with his liver shouting for revenge
as his body coded on a hospital bed
so i space out the times i take shots and i don’t give in
if it’s not a weekend and i keep bottles away from me
but i loved you
and of every addiction i’ve ever had"
this one is killing me.
"- For unhappy girls who like sitting in the sun (via suspend)
1. Lay on the floor of your shower until you can breathe again. Water will always love to love your skin.
2. Start writing with the intention of filling up one page. Write until your pen stops working.
3. Reread a book that once made you cry. Learn something new on every page. Notice how different chapter make you sad. Notice how the book didn’t change and grow; you did.
4. Sleep with your windows open. You can hear both the rain and boys drunkenly singing Frank Sinatra on their deck. Both are equally good.
5. Don’t forget that honey will always taste sweet, but the best way to eat it is off your fingers, laughing.
6. Remember that, sometimes, getting out of bed is enough."